What is a Reservation Agent?
A reservation agent takes reservations for airlines, hotels, restaurants, car rental companies, and more companies. Most reservation agents work over the phone from their home offices. A reservation agent job is particularly ideal for work-at-home moms, dads, and retirees.
Requirements can vary depending on the company you are looking to work for. However, usually you need to have these things:
- High school diploma or its equivalent like GED
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of the internet
- Problem solving skills
- A dedicated phone line
- A high-speed internet connection
- A quiet workspace or home office
- Flexibility of scheduling to work overtime, evenings and weekends
The exact age and educational requirements can vary by company/employer. Some companies require that you live within a certain distance of an office and others do not.
Want To Start Your Own Money-Making Blog?My FREE 3 part-video series will show you why blogging is one of the best ways to make money online today. Watch now!
Some employers/companies like Delta Air Line requires you to pass an extensive pre-employment background check and drug test in order to be offered employment. You must also be efficient, accurate, and courteous.
- Taking reservations for airlines, hotels, restaurants, car rental companies, and more companies
- Offering expert advice as well personal recommendations where appropriate to consumers
- Responding to a variety of inbound calls by phone and email from travel professionals and consumers
- Providing accurate information
- Handling all calls or inquiries with the highest quality, professionalism, and courtesy
Companies That Hire Work at Home Reservation Agents
There are some airlines such as JetBlue Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, and hotels, cruise lines, tour companies and others that offer work at home reservation jobs. Some of the well-known companies that look for reservation agents include:
- Answer First – Call Center Reservations
- Enterprise – Rental Car Reservations
- Hilton Worldwide – Hotel Reservations
- JetBlue – Airline Reservations
- Best Western – Hotel Reservations
- America Airlines – Airline Reservations
- Delta Air Lines – Airline Reservations
- Carnival Cruise Lines – Airline Reservations
- Marriot Hotel – Hotel Reservations
- Hyatt Hotels – Hotel Reservations
- Hertz – Car Rental Reservations
If you’re looking more companies that offer reservation jobs? You can go here and check out reservation positions at FlexJobs now.
Benefits for Working as a Work at Home Reservation Agent
The primary benefits for the work at home reservationists are to have the chance to work from their own home and the flexibility to schedule their work hours. Some companies require that you do certain hours, including evenings and weekends. However, most companies allow you to work on a flexible part-time basis.
Home-based reservation agents often get discounts from airlines, hotels, cruise lines, and tour companies.
How Much Can I Earn?
Rates of pay can vary from company to company. The starting pay for work at home reservation agents is around $9 up to $15 per hour, depending on the company they work for. Some companies increase hourly wage as you gain more experience while working for them. For instance, JetBlue provides their reservation agents with the opportunity to advance to a different position.
How To Get Started?
Just click on the company name listed above and you’ll be directed to the careers page. Have an updated resume available to highlight any prior reservation skills.
Good Luck to Everyone!