Are you self-motivated, self-disciplined, and highly adaptable? Are you passionate about delivering exceptional service to people? If so, you can become a customer service agent for VIPdesk Connect and make money taking customer service calls for their clients. You can apply for full-time or part-time customer service representative positions, depending on your needs. VIPdesk Connect is one of the most popular and reputable work at home companies that hire home-based people to work as a customer service professionals.
Who Is VIPdesk Connect?
VIPdesk Connect is a company that hires virtual customer service agents to take calls from their clients. They provide outsourcing solutions for a wide array of brand-conscious companies across diverse industries. These companies outsource customer care services to them. Their highly skilled and qualified customer service professionals provide highly-personalized customer service via inbound phone, email, chat, text messaging, and social media.
Founded in 1977, VIPdesk Connect is one of the most reputable companies in outsourced customer service, providing exceptional high-quality customer services to their clients. They hire highly-skilled and qualified home-based people to work as customer service agents, providing competitive wages, and rewards and other incentives for the qualified employees.
System and Office Requirements
System and office requirements are pretty steep. Here are the main system, home office and technical requirements for anyone looking to work as a customer service agent for VIPdesk Connect:
- A home office – you must have a separate room in your house used as a home office
- The home office must be free from any noise for receiving calls from your clients
- The home office must have locks on the door to ensure data security
- A home office computer that is run on Windows 7 or higher Oss (Mac computers are not supported by VIPdesk Connect)
- Web browser must be Internet Explorer 9 or higher
- Internet connection must be a wired connection to your computer (wireless is not permitted)
- Updated anti-virus software, anti-spyware, and firewall
- VoIP USB Headset for using VoIP or Skype (gaming headsets are not acceptable)
- Headset must be a wired connection to your computer (wireless connections are not permitted)
- Headset must have a noise-cancelling microphone
- Must use one of their approved headsets (please check their website for detailed information)
- Passionate about delivering exceptional service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle rude or obnoxious behavior of customers who are upset about something
- Ability to speak in a professional and courteous manner with your clients
- Strong computer and Internet skills
- Good typing skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs
- Highly adaptable, self-motivated, and self-disciplined
- Detailed oriented and ability to multitask
- Ability to work weekend and holiday hours
The Work You Do
- Assist customers via phone and help assess customers’ needs
- Handle customer requests representing clients’ company in a professional manner
- Interact with customers in a polite and professional manner
- Answer clients’ questions or queries about products, services, customer concerns and complaints
- Represent clients in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned based on clients’ requirements
Payments and Benefits
Want To Start Your Own Money-Making Blog?My FREE 3 part-video series will show you why blogging is one of the best ways to make money online today. Watch now!
There is no information on their website about how much they pay per hour for the work done by customer care professionals. You may find pay scale in job description of the current openings. The pay is usually $10-$12 per hour. You may be disappointed with that hourly pay scale if you want to use this opportunity as your main source of income. If you want to earn a steady side income or extra cash every month, then VIPdesk Connect is a great employer.
How much you will make will depend on the amount of hours you work and the pay per hour worked. There are both full-time and part-time positions. You have also the opportunity to work overtime now and then, so you can make extra money doing extra hours.
You will be qualified to receive benefits which can vary based on your position, tenure with VIPdesk Connect. Some benefits include:
- Work-life balance
- Savings on expenses
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work schedules
- Performance incentives
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance, long-term care, and more
- The incentives and bonuses can add to your income.
If you are looking to become a customer service agent at VIPdesk Connect, visit the company’s homepage www.VIPdeskConnect.com and click on “Careers”. Then, click on “Apply Now” button on Careers page to check out their job openings. If you apply to any job opening, you will have to fill out a one minute form online.
When you apply for a job, a corresponding questionnaire will display. You will be asked several prescreening questions by the company’s recruiters. It is important that you answer all the questions thoroughly and in a timely manner using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. These questions enable the company’s recruiters to quickly match your skills, education and work experience to the job opportunity. They will ask you several prescreening questions to better match your skills, experience, and education to open positions. If you are applying for a specific job, you will be asked questions that are relevant to that position. If you get through the questionnaire successfully, you may be offered employment.
VIPdesk Connect requires all U.S.-based candidates to successfully pass a criminal background check. If offered employment, you must attend and complete live and interactive training in a virtual classroom. Training is paid.
VIPdesk Connect currently hires virtual customer service agents in 23 U.S. states: AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, MD, MI, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, and WI. The company also hires in some provinces in Canada. They do not also hire new members in US territories including Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, American Samoa and Guam.
- The pay is not as high as it should be for the amount of work involved
- There is no information available on the company’s website about pay, scheduling, etc
- There are start up costs involved if you do not meet their system and home office requirements
- You may have to deal with rude behavior from customers who are upset about something
- If it is too much to handle people yelling at, insulting or cursing you, this is not definitely the right opportunity for you
- System requirements are quite steep, so if you really want to work for this company make sure that you meet their requirements strictly
VIPdesk Connect may be just right if you are looking to earn some extra money. Although the pay is low, you can earn a steady income as a customer service agent, without having to leave your house. If you want to be able to work from home and supplement your main income, VIPdesk Connect offers the opportunity to make money taking customer service calls for their clients. Just make sure you meet their system and office requirements as well as other qualifications and can provide exceptional customer services to their clients.
Katherine Ashby says
I recommend “Medical Coding and Billing” as a wonderful work from home option. Yes, you will need training. You can’t just code medical records without having proper training. However, this is a real and promising career. I used to work for “Career Step” and they have an awesome Medical Coding and Billing course.
Their training is done online and is self-paced. You could finish the program in 4 months but 6 months is probably more realistic. They do however give you up to a year to get it all done. Their program is approved by the American Health Information Management Association and the American Academy of Professional Coders. They work specifically with a company called IOD inc. that hires their grads to work from home right out of the program.
The average salary for this career is about $40,000. Their entire program including books, instructors and job assistance is around $3,000 and they offer sweet payment plans.
If you want more info or have questions let me know @ [email protected]