Are you enthusiastic, mechanically inclined, highly motivated, and love to communicate and you are looking for a job that helps you combine your skills and capabilities to assist others in needs. Then, look no further because U-Haul is currently hiring work from home Roadside Assistance Agents to provide on the road support to customers who are using U-Haul’s moving service. U-Haul provides you with the platform to hone your skills and grow in a fast paced working environment.
What does U-Haul do?
U-Haul was born in 1945 out of the need to help people who wanted to move from their location to another during and after the second world war and since then, the company has grown into a full time service provider by providing Rental Trucks and Trailers for their clients to move their luggage from one place to another.
What does the Job Entail?
The job of a Roadside Assistance agent at U-Haul is pretty simple though complex especially if you do not have the mechanical knowledge needed to help the customer. You will be required to perform the following responsibilities as a Roadside Assistance agent with U-Haul:
- Receive lots of inbound calls on a daily basis
- Provide exceptional customer service in a fast and efficient manner for customers whose truck or trailers develops complication on the road
- Diagnose, identify, and dispatching the best and closest repair service to assist the customer
- Walk the customer through the mechanical fault and explain the solution in a way that the customer can comprehend.
What are the requirements for the Job?
Want To Start Your Own Money-Making Blog?My FREE 3 part-video series will show you why blogging is one of the best ways to make money online today. Watch now!
To be considered for work as a Roadside Assistance agent with U-Haul, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have over 6 months experience as a call centre agent
- Possess good communication and listening skills
- Have a positive mind-set and a good working attitude
- Be friendly and have a good personality
- Good reasoning and decision making skills
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be mechanically inclined with a general knowledge of Automobiles
- Have a quiet work space
The technical requirements to be considered to work from home as a Roadside Assistance agent are:
- Have a non-wireless USB headset with a microphone.
- Minimum Internet speed requirements: 5MB down / 2MB up, or greater. Preferred Internet speed for a better experience: 10MB down / 5MB up.
- Check your Internet speed at speedtestcustom.com. You must click the menu below the GO button and choose any server in Phoenix, AZ.
- Have a PC or laptop with Windows 7, 8 or 10 OS.
- Minimum RAM requirements: 8G of RAM or greater.
- Minimum processor requirement for Windows OS: CPU score of 2500 or greater.
Is there any Training/Education programme?
U-Haul offers paid training of up to Three weeks for its new employees in order to familiarize them with the culture of the Organization and train them on what they need to succeed on the Job. The first week of training will be an intensive classroom session with your instructor while the second and third week training will be with a small group and an instructor. As you continue to work, there will be opportunity for development as your Manager, Supervisors, and Team Leaders will always be available to provide you with the counselling and advice you need to grow on the job.
Why should I choose to work for U-Haul?
The benefits you will derive if you work with U-Haul are enormous. Apart from the fact that the basic pay is about $14 per hour, you will also get other moonlight benefits like Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan.
How can I apply for work at U-Haul?
All you need to do is to visit U-Haul’s career website, then search the keyword “Work from Home”. You will discover some of the amazing opportunities you can apply for if you are passionate about working from home.
Looking for more customer service jobs?
Check out this comprehensive beginners guide to finding customer service jobs.