When a woman becomes pregnant, it’s clearly a strain on the body and mind. Quitting your day job or taking on something part-time become options to consider as an expecting mom. Many pregnant women look for work at home jobs online because of the flexibility these jobs offer because they don’t require strenuous physical activity. If you are pregnant, and wondering how you can work from home, let’s look at some of the top ways to do so!
Online Jobs and Gigs for Pregnant Women
1. Make and Sell Crafts Online. If you have an artistic skill you can use it to make relevant things, then sell your creations online. Whether you are a crafter or artisan, you can make money by selling your handmade crafts and art online thanks to all the online marketplaces available. Here are some of the most popular places you can make money selling crafts and art:
- Etsy – http://www.etsy.com
- ArtFire – http://www.artfire.com
- Dawanda http:// www.dawanda.com
- eBay – http://www.ebay.com
- Zazzle – http://www.zazzle.com
2. Rent Out Rooms in Your House. If you are in need of some extra cash, you can rent out an extra room or more in your house to people looking for a place to stay. You can sign up for Airbnb to list your spare room(s) and wait for the bookings to roll in.
- Simply upload photos of your rooms and set a price for each room. You can charge per night or week, depending on the duration of the tenant.
- If you have a spare room that lets for 10 nights a month for $60 per night, you will make $600 a month from an empty room in your house.
Join Uber Today! Get Paid To Drive and Earn Money on Your Own Schedule
3. Become a Social Media Consultant. Chances are you’re spending time on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. so why not use your down time to become a social media consultant. If you have a large following, know how to engage your audience, you can apply for social media marketing jobs. eModeration, Appen, and Modsquad, are some of the more popular places on the web offering jobs in social media field.
4. Tutoring Online.Tutoring is a great work at home option for pregnant women, especially if they have the required qualifications, and enjoy teaching a particular subject. Some sites assign students to you based on your schedule. Some will even let you find clients or students while others let the clients choose the tutors they want to work with.
You can expect to earn around $10 to $40 per hour depending on your skills, experience and the subject you are tutoring. Trusted companies like 51 Talk, Tutor.com, Chegg, and Cambly and are great places to get started and let the money roll in.
5. Become a Virtual Assistant. If you have worked in an administrative role before, or have good communication and organizational skills, working as a virtual assistant may be the right option for you while you are pregnant. Common tasks that a virtual assistant usually performs are: Data entry, answering emails, scheduling appointments, proofreading, booking reservations, and much more.
You can join a reputable virtual assistant company like Clara, Vicky Virtual, and Worldwide 101. These companies usually assign jobs to you or allow you to find jobs within their network of clients. You can make anywhere from $9 -$25 per hour depending on the tasks involved and the company/client you work for. Best of all – you can choose how much you want to work and when you want to work.
6. Chat and Answer Questions Online. Everyday thousands of questions are asked, so if you’re very knowledgeable in a specific area you can get paid to chat online by answering questions. Reputable companies like Cha Cha, Just Answer, Fix Ya, Create Pool, and Ether are great for earning extra money doing what you love.
7. Make Money as a Search Engine Evaluator. Search engine evaluator jobs are perfect for pregnant women because there is no special requirement to do these jobs. Your role is to help improve the search engine results or listings for major search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo,etc. Provide detailed feedback on the listings you find in response to any search term or keyword they used to evaluate the search listings. Search engines like Google, Bing, etc hire third-party companies to hire search engine evaluators to evaluate search results. Here are some companies that hire for search engine evaluator jobs:
8. Visit Websites and Get Paid To Give Your Feedback. Website testing or usability testing jobs involve navigating through a website and giving your impressions of what you see based on the client’s instructions. You will usually give your thoughts on how easy or difficult it is to navigate through the site, the page speed, the layout, etc impressions you have of the site. To get started, you will need to apply to work as a website tester and if your application is accepted, then you will be able to accept jobs as they become available to you.
Things to Remember:
- The application and hiring process generally requires you to take a sample test.
- Getting website tester jobs depends on whether your demographic data is relevant to the available jobs. If your demographic data is matching to a usability tester job, the company or site will send you an email alerting you to the available job.
- You have to respond really quickly if you want the job because these jobs are snapped up quickly.
- It will usually take 15-20 minutes to complete a website testing job and average pay per test is $10. Some companies pay as low as $5 and some pay $20 per test. Even if you make $5 for spending just 15-2o minutes, it turns out to be a good hourly rate.
If you do 10 or 15 website usability tests per month, that is an extra $100-$150 extra money in your pocket! It is one of the easiest ways to make money online. Here are some companies that hire website testers:
- Userlytics – http://www.userlytics.com
- UserFeel – http://www.userfeel.com
- UserTesting – http://www.usertesting.com
- Whatuserdo – http://whatusersdo.com
- Userbrain – http://www.userbrain.net
- TryMyUI – http://www.trymyui.com
- Analysia – http://www.analysia.com
- Enroll – http://www.enroll.com
- Loop11 – http://www.loop11.com
Most of these work at home jobs are a fun and rewarding way for pregnant women to make extra money from home.