It is very difficult to own a successful website if it is not user friendly. Website owners may be blind to the errors on their websites.
Some websites are designed in a clustered way. Some have too many colors. While others, use fonts that the visitors find difficult to read. Since the site is not adding value to the guests, they tend to leave. Since audience translates to money, blog owners will want to do everything in their reach to keep the guests coming.
In order to achieve this, they hire people to test their websites. Guess what? You can also make money from home as a Website Tester.
The Role of A Website Tester
Your job as a Website Tester is simple. It is simply to ensure that the website is easy to use. Website owners always want guests to find what they are looking for fast. Your job as a Tester will be to tell them how they can do that.
What’s Required To Become A Website Tester?
You may be required to install a software that tracks all your activities on the site. Some other websites will have you document your experience on the website. All in all, your feedback is what the website owners need to improve their website friendliness.
The following are the requirements for website testers:
- Personal Computer
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Good Writing Skills
- Basic use of English
Where To Find Website Testing Jobs?
We have successfully discussed what it will take to work as a website tester. Here are some companies that hire work from home website Testers. Simply click the company name in green.
- UserTesting: UserTesting hires website testers from all over the country. All you need to do is visit a website and record your user experience. You will earn about $10 for every 15 minutes task. You will be required to take a sample test before been considered for work.
- Userlytics: Userlytics offers you more than website testing. You can test applications, concepts, and new ideas. You will require a microphone and webcam to complete some of the tasks. The pay is about $10. Payment is made via PayPal.
- Whatusersdo: This is also a popular website testing company. To apply, you will fill an application form and then take a sample test. If you pass the test, you will receive work via your mail. Each task takes about 20 minutes to complete. The pay is about $10 and it is made on the 25th of each Month.
- UserFeel: Userfeel also hires website Testers to work from home. All you need to do is apply and take the sample test. Once this is approved, you will start receiving instructions to test websites. The payment is about $10 per website tested.
- Testing Time: Testing Time offers you more for providing feedback. Each test is conducted via Skype. This means you will require a webcam to complete the task. Each task takes about 60 minutes to complete. The pay is about $70 per work. Payment is made within 10 days of completing the task.
- Enroll: Enroll is a popular Website Testing Company. To work for Enroll, you will need to fill the application form. You should also remember to choose your preferred testing method. The tests can be carried out on a computer or a smartphone. The payment varies with the task. Payment is always made via PayPal.
Other website Testing companies that you can work for are: